www.flickr.com

August 24, 2008

Hong Kong - By Night

-Mid-night taxi on the streets of downtown Hong Kong.-

At the tail end of our time here in Korea I was fortunate enough to be able to sneak down for a quick visit of Hong Kong. It was in Hong Kong I met with my old life-long friend, Nicki, who I had not seen for many years.

-Waiting for the train...-

-A double-decker bus and the famed lights of this high class Asian super-city.-

During our short reunion Nick and I exchanged the more recent stories of our day-to-day lives, we reminisced about the old times we'd shared, we relayed heartaches and joys and in general we stayed up all together too late every night.

-Heaps of bracelets at a side-street, late night market.-

-The Chinese side of Hong Kong.-

With Trev and my life being so unsettled and all over the place, and with her life being of much the same nature, I never actually thought the day would come when we would be able to meet and in Asia nonetheless. Yet, it was an amazing experience to be a part of Nicki's life again, even if it was only for five days.

No comments: