www.flickr.com

May 16, 2008

The Whirl-wind that was China!

-Mao, a Chinese soldier and a monk posing in front of Tian'an Gate, Beijing, China.-

A few weeks ago I was handed the opportunity of a life time. While sitting in a Red Mango, a Korea frozen yogurt shop, one of my co-workers, Matilda and I began to talk about my parent's fast approaching trip to Seoul.

Upon learning that my parents would be visiting Beijing, China right when our school was set to have mid-terms, Matilda devised a plan to have me released from my teaching duties so that I could join them on their travels. Much to my delight early the next morning she promptly proceeded to ask the principal and vice principal if I could have the time off to voyage to China with my parents. And, by the time that noon rolled around I had a ticket to China, a visa in process, a hotel to stay in and a permanent smile on my face.

-A hotel near Tienanmen Square, Beijing, China.-

Needless to say, I was elated! What a change from last year's work schedule when we worked every Korean national holiday and some Saturdays too. I love Korean public schools and I especially love Beijing in the spring!!!!

No comments: